Presented by Timothy Kennedy, MD, Pulmonologist
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center Denver, CO
- Release date: June 15, 2011
- Expiration date: December 31, 2017
- Estimated time to complete activity:1 hour
For all questions/concerns, contact the HealthONE Office of Continuing Medical Education at 303.584.6006 or email@example.com
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality
HealthONE CME assesses conflict of interest with its instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of CME activities. All relevant conflicts of interest that are identified are thoroughly vetted by HealthONE CME for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies utilized in this activity, and patient care recommendations. HealthONE CME is committed to providing its learners with high-quality CME activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in health care and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial entity. The faculty members have reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouses/life partners have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity.
- Dr. Kennedy has no relevant conflicts of interest to report.
The following members of the Denver CME Committee hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships or relationships in any amount during the past 12 months to products, devices, or any commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity:
- Scott Hershman, MD
- Judy Hatch
- Lindy Garvin
- D.L. Hubbard, MD
- Timothy Kennedy, MD
- M. Herzl Melmed, MD
- Saurabh Mangalik, MD
- Wes Tyson, MD
- Sue Gerber
- Sophia Tribble
- Holly Bodine
- Lynn Stockton
- Lisa Moreland
- Regina Brooks, CCMEP
The following members of the Planning Committee hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships or relationships in any amount during the past 12 months to products, devices, or any commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity:
- Tim Kennedy, MD
- Scott Hershman, MD
- Sharon Fresques
The following HealthONE clinical content reviewers hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships or relationships in any amount during the past 12 months to products, devices, or any commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity:
Following the presentation, each participant should be able to:
- Identify results of National Lung Cancer Screening Trial.
- Recognize surveillance guidelines based on size of nodule and utilize algorithms to assist with making an early diagnosis. based on size of nodule.
- Describe recommendations on the management for nodules > 8mm.
- Identify appropriate use of PET/CT for the staging of lung cancer.
- Discuss avoiding morbidity from invasive testing or excision of benign nodules
LEVEL OF EVIDENCE
HealthONE CME has designated 3 Levels of Evidence for CME presentations:
- Evidence mainly from randomized or non-randomized, well designed controlled trials; well-designed cohort or case-controlled analytic studies.
- Evidence from multiple studies with or without the intervention being targeted, meta-analysis, opinions of respected authorities or expert panels, or information based on case reports.
- Uncontrolled experiments, descriptive studies, presenter’s clinical experience/opinion or research in progress.
- The majority of this presentation will be based on Level 1, 2 and 3 Evidence.
ACCREDITATION & CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENTS
HealthONE CME is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HealthONE CME designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category I Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
UNLABELED/UNAPPROVED USES NOTICE
In accordance with the ACCME Essential Areas and Policies, as well as, the Standards for Commercial Support, the audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain references to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.Specific medicines discussed in this program may not yet be specifically approved and/or may not be specified to be used as indicated by the speakers. Before prescribing any medication, review the complete prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions and adverse effects.
POST-TEST and PROGRAM EVALUATION
Please take a few minutes to complete the evaluation form. This information is used not only to evaluate the present symposium, but also to plan for future programs. Successful completion of the post-test and evaluation generates your CME certificate.